- Selected as the Sault Ste. Marie Convention and Visitors Bureau Business Persons of the Year for 1999.
- We were honored to be chosen as the Garden of the Year in 2002
- Awarded The Quality Service Star Award by the Sault Ste. Marie Convention and Visitors Bureau in 2000.
- We were honored by the Sault Ste. Marie Beautification Committee in 1996, 1999, 2000 and 2002.
- The Plaza was awarded The Sault Ste. Marie Beautification Committee Holiday Decorating Award in 1996 and 2001.
- We were awarded Best Lodging in 1998, 2000, 2001 and 2004 by the Sault Ste, Marie, newspaper The Evening News.
What does Hunts Guide have to say about us?
"Fabulous English-style gardens and beautiful rooms the equal of any bed and breakfast make this 21-room motel almost unique. A relaxing atmosphere in this adult getaway is paramount and rooms are designed for cocooning, with minifridge, microwave and coffeemaker with Godiva coffee. All have phones and cable TV with HBO. Even the smaller rooms seem luxurious thanks to Waverly fabrics and furnishings that underscore the English country look. Each room is different; the king rooms have four-poster beds with canopies. Because the market here is so competitive, rates are amazingly low - currently $49 to $61. Benches and a gazebo, furnished in wicker, encourage guests to enjoy the gardens. The fountain helps mask road noise."
For your own copy of Hunts' Guide to Michigan's Upper Peninsula visit your local book store or phone (517) 629-4494.